Department of Paediatrics Cardiac and Thoracic Sciences Hospital in Chennai: Comprehensive Care for Congenital Cardiac Diseases.
Collaborative and Multidisciplinary Care:
We closely collaborate with our renowned Heart and Lung Failure Program and the Department of Paediatrics and Neonatology, combining expertise to provide comprehensive and exceptional care.
Our team consists of highly skilled professionals, including interventional cardiologists, surgeons, pediatricians, anesthetists, intensivists, physician assistants, perfusionists, and nursing personnel.
Care for Kids Throughout Childhood:
We specialize in providing specialized care for children at every stage of their development, from neonates to adolescents.
Unparalleled Expertise and Compassionate Care:
Our dedicated team brings together unparalleled expertise and provides compassionate care to meet the unique needs of each patient.
Personalized Treatment Approach:
We take a personalized approach to each case, thoroughly understanding the patient’s background, considering coexisting circumstances, and conducting a comprehensive assessment of their clinical condition.
Commitment to Excellence:
We are committed to delivering the highest standard of treatment and care, emphasizing excellence in every aspect of our services.
- First to implant Berlin Heart for Paediatrics age groups in the country and have used virtual reality to aid implantation of Left ventricular Assist Devices (VAD ) in children.
- Maximum experience in performing Paediatrics Heart transplants
- ECMO & VAD treatments for myocarditis. A clinical problem and a few with severe dysfunction that needs mechanical circulatory support during the period when the heart muscle is very weak, with a hope that the muscle will recover after the inflammatory process subsides.
- Our unit has more experience in heart transplantation of adults with single ventricle physiology and heart and lung transplantation for complex heart disease with severe pulmonary hypertension.
The Following are the areas where we have unique expertise.
- Transposition of Great arteries.
- Valve repairs
- Hypoplastic Left heart syndrome
- Complete Atrioventricular canal defect.
- Single stage unifocalisation.
- Ross and Ross Konno Procedure
- Conduit less repair of Truncus arteriosus
- Taussig Bing anomaly
- Ebsteins anomaly
- Tetralogy of fallot with coronary crossing or absent pulmonary valve
- Paediatrics Mechanical circulatory support.
- Conversion of single ventricle repairs to two ventricle repairs.
- Paediatrics Heart transplantation
- Heart transplantation for single ventricle physiology
- Heart and Lung transplantation
- Sennings and modified Mustared procedure
- Minimally invasive congenital cardiac surgery
- Double switch procedure
- Rastelli procedure
- Root translocation and root replacement procedure.